Pierce Education, Communication and Outreach Network (PECO Net) is a collection of environmental educators and outreach staff throughout Pierce County. Members represent jurisdictions, agencies and non-profits. We collaborate on community events and programs related to stewardship and water quality. Our goal is to support each other’s efforts in order to create successful projects.
Benefits of Membership
- Reach wider audiences
- Utilize partner resources
- Access to professional development
- Collaborative grant opportunities
What We Do
- Puget Sound Starts Here Day at the Tacoma Rainiers
- Family Fun Events—free community educational events
- Tacoma-Pierce County Children’s Water Festival
Joining PECO Net
- Membership is free
- Quarterly meetings
- Monthly informal gatherings
Contact PECO Net coordinator Chris Towe; (253) 845-9770 x 112 or email@example.com
Many PECO Net partners offer environmental education programs and opportunities for different grade levels. These can include classroom lessons, field trips and outdoor learning spaces. PECO Net members are actively participating in professional development related to the Next Generation Science Standards to bolster our offerings. See the directory for a listing of various environmental education offerings in Pierce County.